Northern Music Booster
Hello from the Northern Music Boosters! We hope that this finds you all well. It has been an interesting past few months, but now we are moving forward and are very excited for our upcoming fiscal year!
As we prepare for a new year, we are welcoming new members and are providing opportunities for parents to be actively involved in the Northern Music Boosters!
The current Booster Officers are opening the floor for nominations to fill Officer positions for the Booster Club’s 2020-2021 fiscal year. The officers must be a parent with a child enrolled as an active student in the Northern York County School District. Nominations will be open to all, but voting will be available only to those who paid member dues.
- President: Chief Executive Officer who will supervise and control the duties incident to such office and such other duties as may be prescribed from time to time by the Board of Directors.
- Vice President 1: Will perform all duties and exercise the powers of the President when the President is absent or is otherwise unable to act. The primary responsibility will be the budget.
- Vice President 2: Will perform all duties and exercise the powers of the President when the President and Vice President 1 are absent or otherwise unable to act. The primary responsibility will be membership.
- Recording Secretary: Will keep minutes of meetings of Members and the Board of Directors and will be the custodian of the corporate records.
- Treasurer: Will have charge and custody of all funds of the Boosters, will deposit the funds as required by the Board of Directors, will keep and maintain adequate and correct amounts of the Booster’s properties and business transactions, will provide reports and accountings.
- Assistant Treasurer: Will assist Treasurer in same function. The Treasurer and Assistant Treasurer may not be related parties, either by blood or by marriage.
- Publicity Director/Correspondence: Will attend to all advertising and correspondence with the press and all other matters of publicity. Will perform all duties of the Recording Secretary when that person is absent or unable to act.
- Ways and Means ( 2 positions): Will be in charge of fundraising efforts and Snack Shack operations.
Meetings: The officers are expected to participate in the large majority of the meetings.Booster meetings are held every 2 nd Monday of the month.Currently the meetings are held at 6:30 PM in the High School Band or Chorus rooms.
Please note that if you choose to not be nominated, or if not voted in, you are still welcome to act as a general Booster member and once dues are paid, will be entitled to one vote on each matter submitted to a vote.
Your responses are required to be returned to Michelle Singer, Booster Secretary, at NMBSecretary@comcast.net by Saturday, June 20, 2020 at Midnight.The nominations will be compiled and then another email will be sent for voting.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact any current Booster Officer.The contact information is available on the Northern Booster website under "About Us": www.northernmusic.org.