Hello from the Northern Music Boosters! We hope you are all well and healthy! It has been an interesting past few months, but now we are moving forward and are very excited for our upcoming fiscal year! As we prepare for a new year, we are welcoming new members and are providing opportunities for parents to be actively involved in the Northern Music Boosters. The current Booster Officers are opening the floor for nominations to fill Officer positions for the Booster Club’s 2020-2021 fiscal year. The officers must be a parent with a child enrolled as an active student in the Northern York County School District.
Click the drop down arrows below for voting information and open positions for nominations.
President: Chief Executive Officer who will supervise and control the duties incident to such office and such other duties as may be prescribed from time to time by the Board of Directors.
Vice President 1: Will perform all duties and exercise the powers of the President when the President is absent or is otherwise unable to act. The primary responsibility will be the budget.
Vice President 2: Will perform all duties and exercise the powers of the President when the President and Vice President 1 are absent or otherwise unable to act. The primary responsibility will be membership.
Recording Secretary: Will keep minutes of meetings of Members and the Board of Directors and will be the custodian of the corporate records.
Treasurer: Will have charge and custody of all funds of the Boosters, will deposit the funds as required by the Board of Directors, will keep and maintain adequate and correct amounts of the Booster’s properties and business transactions, will provide reports and accountings.
Assistant Treasurer: Will assist Treasurer in same function. The Treasurer and Assistant Treasurer may not be related parties, either by blood or by marriage.
Publicity Director / Correspondence: Will attend to all advertising and correspondence with the press and all other matters of publicity. Will perform all duties of the Recording Secretary when that person is absent or unable to act.
Ways and Means (2 positions): Will be in charge of fundraising efforts and Snack Shack operations.
- If you choose not to be nominated, or if not voted in, you are still welcome to act as a general Booster member. Once dues are paid, you will be entitled to one vote on each matter submitted to a vote.
- The officers are expected to participate in the large majority of the meetings. Booster meetings are held every 2nd Monday of the month. Currently the meetings are held at 6:30 P.M. in the High School Band or Chorus rooms.
- Nominations will be open to all, but voting will be available only to those who paid member dues.
- Emails with a link to vote for Booster Officers have been sent. Those that paid membership dues last fiscal year received the email.
- If you did not receive an email and believe you paid dues, please contact Michelle Singer, Booster Secretary.
- Voting closes at midnight, July 10th. Voting is through SurveyMonkey and is anonymous.
- Responses are required to be returned to Michelle Singer, Booster Secretary
- If you have any questions, please contact any Booster Officer.
Meeting time is 7:00 p.m.
Location is in the High School Band Room, however this can change due to COVID-19 precautions.
- NO DECEMBER MEETING
- 3/8/2021 – Nomination meeting
- 4/12/2020 – Officer elections
- 5/10/2021 – Last meeting of fiscal year
Become a Booster!
Anyone can be a Booster! For a small donation of $1.00 per person each school year, any parent, grandparent, guardian, relative, or friend of Northern music can help support these worthwhile music programs.
Booster membership will entitle you to receive a copy of the minutes of the General Membership Music Booster meetings as well as give you a voice in the decisions being made by the Music Boosters!
NEW IDEAS will help us to achieve the goal to provide the BEST for our kids!
Patron levels are also available!
Bronze: $50 donation
Silver: $51-$99 donation
Gold: $100 donation or more
The Northern Music Boosters, Inc. is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Donations are tax deductible where allowable by law.